Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Window Shopping Wednesday: Ballet Flats

One of the reasons I love DC so much is that it is an extremely walkable city.  Being able to go to the bakery, grocery store, and wine shop on a Saturday morning almost feels like a little luxury when it just requires heading out my door.  I take the metro to work but have a nice walk to and from it.  Since I'm not driving to the office that means heels are packed in my handbag, and ballet flats are on my feet.  One of the first pairs I purchased when I moved to DC were Tory Burch, but I found that the elastic backs didn't wear well and at the time it seemed like everyone had a pair.  Since then I've transitioned to Ferragamo's Varina flats, and love collecting the different colors.  I prefer the patent leather version as it wears better and has a dressy feel.  I've also purchased the classic Chanel ballet flat with the patent toe, but the delicate leather doesn't make them suitable for day to day wear.  I have my eye on some new ballet flats and am including some of these on my Christmas list.

Perfect for the upcoming holiday season and would look darling with a fitted plaid flannel shirt and navy ponte leggings.


When I saw these in the store I did a double take.  The metallic is identical to my Jimmy Choo wedding heels.  In fact, Jimmy Choo also makes a pair of ballet flats that are similar but for $550.


This is a pre-order that won't ship until April, but color is just too pretty not to share!  These would pair perfectly with Lilly.


An affordable option that still have the shape of a designer shoe.  I find that inexpensive ballet flats tend to be boxy in shape.  This pair has a slim toe box and the bow reminds me of Chanel. 

These would be great for days that entail lots of errands.  I tried these on and the cushioning is something you usually don't see in ballet flats.  I also liked the feel of the high back.

I've always had a love for Burberry but haven't purchased a pair of their shoes yet.  I would pair these with leggings and an oversize sweater.









No comments:

Post a Comment